Riverfront Residences is sitting on the plot of land formerly a Housing and Urban Development Company (HUDC) estate at Hougang Avenue 7, known as Rio Casa. This is a river-facing project on a massive plot of land which spans about 396,231 square feet.
So, what are the reasons to buy a property at Riverfront Residences?
If you plan to buy Riverfront Residences for investment like renting it out, it is definitely an attractive place near the workplaces. This will give you a continuous stream of tenants.
Defu Industrial Park will be redeveloped, and its total industrial floor space will be increased significantly. The redeveloped estate will offer more jobs as well as a more attractive work
environment with features such as a cycling network and an amenities centre.
Photo by: JTC
Defu City Centre is another new development. It will be the focal point of commercial activities. Located just beside Defu Industrial City, it will provide a range of amenities such as F&B outlets, convenience stores, medical clinics and childcare centres.
Residents hoping for short commutes to work can also look forward to new jobs at the upcoming Lorong Halus Industrial Park. This new-generation industrial park is targeted at a light and clean industries such as food, lifestyle and logistics, and will boast a vibrant riverfront lined with lush greenery.
The property experts do not expect any new launch in the vicinity within short to midterm.
Transportation and Accessibility
Served by two MRT stations and a bus interchange, the Riverfront Residences is well connected to other parts of Singapore via public transport. Within the town, getting around
will become much easier with transport improvements to smoothen traffic flow and improve accessibility, including:
- A new integrated transport hub at Hougang MRT Station
- Road improvements along Upper Serangoon Road, Upper Paya Lebar Road, Tampines Road, Lorong Ah Soo and Hougang Central
- Extension of Buangkok Link and Buangkok Crescent to complete the local road network within the neighbourhood
- Construction of the Cross Island Line. This will pass through Hougang when it starts operations by 2030 and provides another direct MRT route to Changi and the west, as well as other major towns
Photo by: SG Trains
Gracious Living in a Heritage Town
Hougang is a mature town with good schools and a variety of parks and sports facilities. Over the next few years, residents will be able to enjoy more community facilities and recreational options and have access to more jobs near home.
There are various initiatives that will be implemented to enhance the overall living environment and to strengthen the residents’ connection with local history in Hougang, including:
- A one-stop community club with a hawker centre, a healthcare facility and an arts centre, located at Hougang Avenue 9
- An Estate Upgrading Programme including a new pedestrian footbridge across Sungei Punggol at the Gerald-Mugliston Estate
- More retail amenities at Kovan, Hougang Central, Hougang Avenue 7, Buangkok Drive and Jalan Pelikat
- Enhancements such as the Upper Serangoon Road heritage corridor to showcase Hougang’s history
- Improvements to public spaces such as new walkways and landscaping at Hougang Central
- A new nursing home to serve the needs of our elderly residents at Hougang Avenue 8
Leisure and Greenery
Living in Riverfront means you have easy access to many major parks in the north-eastern region via the North-Eastern Riverine Loop (NERL) park connectors.
Lorong Halus Bridge, Lorong Halus Wetland Centre, Punggol Promenade Riverside Walk, Singapore
When the NERL eventually becomes part of the 150km long Round Island Route, recreational sites farther afield will be even more accessible, such as the Changi Coastal Loop. As the green network expands in future, most homes in Hougang will be closer to parks or park connectors.
- New neighbourhood parks within Kovan Estate
- A park at the future Lorong Halus Industrial Park
- An expanded Punggol Park
- An extended park connector at Hougang Avenue 3 to link up with the Pelton Canal park connector, providing easier access to Kallang Riverside
- New interim sports facilities at the Jalan Kayu Sports Hub on Buangkok Crescent
- Enhancements to the canal at Hougang Avenue 10 under PUB’s Active, Beautiful, Clean (ABC) Waters programme, through new landscaping with lookout decks, shelters and seating
At Riverfront Residences you get to enjoy a 200m meters waterfront view along the Sungei Serangoon River right at the comforts of your home and savour the fresh air. Its location is unique, enjoy the best of both worlds with diverse amenities and relaxing ambience.
Riverfront Residences is expected to garner strong interest due to many reasons cited above.
Join our New Launch Discovery Tour Ohmyhome new launch specialists.
Ohmyhome will provide you with the research materials and past transactions to guide you through.
Daily Tour Times: 12 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm, and 6 pm.
Call 6886 9009 to book now!